Trumpet/Vincent Bach Selmer Bundy Cornet

I have just inherited the cornet listed above.  It is in excellent condition with one very minor dent. The serial number is 406653. It is brass and all the valves and other moving parts slide very easily. I am wondering how old it is and its value. THanks!

Bundy serial numbers are problematic. There is reason to believe that the Bundy and Buescher instruments were made on the same line with many of the same parts some time after Selmer bought Buescher. If this is true, your cornet dates to about 1965.

Unfortunately, cornets in general do not command a high price, and Bundy certainly won't because they were "student instruments" in that time period and few people today would want one.

In the condition you cite, value is relatively low... perhaps $100.

Of course it has greater sentimental value and probably plays well.

Thomas Krueger

I can answer your questions about Buescher trumpets and cornets. I have been playing Buescher for 35 years and collecting for 7.

I first started playing my grandfather's Buescher 400 trumpet in 1975. Since then I have done a lot of research, including original catalogs and advertisements that I own, correspondence with other Buescher owners, and obtaining my own Buescher collection, including six trumpets and three cornets.

I am a technical writer with 15 years experience. I have also been playing trumpet since 1975 and collecting Buescher for the past 7 years.