Trumpet/Vincent Bach Selmer Bundy Cornet

Question
I have just inherited the cornet listed above.  It is in excellent condition with one very minor dent. The serial number is 406653. It is brass and all the valves and other moving parts slide very easily. I am wondering how old it is and its value. THanks!

Rob

Answer
Bundy serial numbers are problematic. There is reason to believe that the Bundy and Buescher instruments were made on the same line with many of the same parts some time after Selmer bought Buescher. If this is true, your cornet dates to about 1965.

Unfortunately, cornets in general do not command a high price, and Bundy certainly won't because they were "student instruments" in that time period and few people today would want one.

In the condition you cite, value is relatively low... perhaps $100.

Of course it has greater sentimental value and probably plays well.

Trumpet

Thomas Krueger