Trumpet/What Key Is This BellingTrumpet In

Blessing Trumpet
Blessing Trumpet  
Hi there. Ive acquired a Blessing Scholastic trumpet, Elkhart Indiana but I am not sure what key it is in. It has two interchangeable tuning slides neither of which seem to make it into a Bb, which is what I was looking for. The only serial number on it is 4/1643. Id be grateful for any information.    Thanks

Great looking horn.

I am unsure based on the photos but it looks like you have a Bb to a convertible Eb or D. Without matching the pitches on the horn to a piano it's hard for me to tell just with photos.

However, my friends over at have a slew of guys who specialize in this kind of recognition better than I have. If you register on there and post your question with photos, you should get a great answer pretty quickly.

Gene Ramsay

PLEASE read my instructions to you as a questioner about horns and value, etc. Most of those answers can be found at

I feel confident to answer all questions regarding trumpet and brass performing, practice techniques, and equipment inquiries. We never stop being "students" in music as we strive to grow technically and musically over our lifetime. Music is something that truly individualizes people and I would treat every question based on the individual asking the question.

I have been performing on trumpet for over 30 years. I have taught privately for over 20 years and in the public schools for 5 years. I have taught and performed in drum and bugle corps, bands, ensembles, and solo.

Bugles Across America
International Trumpet Guild
VHHS Alumni Band
University of Montevallo Music Alumni
Madison Scouts Booster Organization

Drum Corps World

Bachelor's Degree from the University of Montevallo in Music Education.
Over 20 years of private instruction (various individuals).
5 years of instructing and performing in drum and bugle corps.

Alabama Assistant State Director for Bugles Across America - 2009-2010
Alabama State Director for Bugles Across America - 2010-Present
University of Montevallo Student MENC President - 1991-1992
Principal Trumpet - University of Montevallo - 1990-1992
Nuncie Leberte Music Scholarship - 1987-1988

Vestavia Hills High School
University of Montevallo
Southwind Drum and Bugle Corps
CorpsVets Drum and Bugle Corps