Trumpet/Silver polish

Question
Hi. I'm in high school and I messed up and put silver polish on my brass trumpet. I was wondering if that will have messed anything up that I can't see. My instrument is still shiny, is it only a matter of time before it starts looking bad or did I just get lucky and not rub anything off? Thank you so much for you're help.

Answer
As long as the polish you used did not have an abrasive nature, you should be fine. Now, BRASSO does work well on brass. The key is to lightly SPONGE it on, let it dry a little and then with a very soft microfiber or cotton cloth (like an old undershirt tshirt) you buff it out. Almost like waxing a car.

Hope that helps.

Trumpet

Gene Ramsay