Trumpet/Blessing Trumpet Value

I have an E.K Blessing Super Artist with a bottom slide ring and the tuning slide has a screw can hold the slide in a certain position. I've look up the serial number and the horn dates back to late 30s or early 40s. All the original parts are there and I play it often but it is not in good condition at all. It has major dents on the bell and small dings everywhere else. Although, it still sounds decent but it's unfortunate that it is in such bad shape. Most of the laquer has either been scratched or faded. The original etchings on the horn are mostly visible but need redoing. All the valves and slides move fin too. I would like to know how much it is worth currently and how much value it could have after I get it fully restored to original condition.

Current condition, value is "a few hundred dollars". After about $1000 in restoration, the value is "a few hundred dollars".

Only restore a horn you love, whether it plays very well and you'll keep it forever, or it has sentimental value.

You never make money from a restoration... just happiness or pride.

That said, you could have the dents removed, the valves evaluated, and the corks and felts replaced for $100 or perhaps less. Plenty a player horn looks ratty but sounds great!

It's all up to you and what you think it's worth to you in the end.

Thomas Krueger

I can answer your questions about Buescher trumpets and cornets. I have been playing Buescher for 35 years and collecting for 7.

I first started playing my grandfather's Buescher 400 trumpet in 1975. Since then I have done a lot of research, including original catalogs and advertisements that I own, correspondence with other Buescher owners, and obtaining my own Buescher collection, including six trumpets and three cornets.

I am a technical writer with 15 years experience. I have also been playing trumpet since 1975 and collecting Buescher for the past 7 years.