Trumpet/Looking for info on a trumpet.

Question
Hi Thomas,

I just received a trumpet which has this engraving on the bell:          
American Trumpet made by Harry Pedler & Sons  Elkhart Ind.

The number on the second valve is 66685.

Can you tell me when it was made, and is it worth anything?

Thanks, Carl

Answer
There doesn't appear to be a serial number list for Harry Pedler, but they appear to have been made in the 30s for sure and possibly into the 40s. These trumpets are not sought and consequently are not worth much I did see some references that at least some of the trumpets needed the smaller shank used in the 1920s.

It would be a good horn for a kid to learn on, assuming a cleaning/corks/felts by a professional tech. But unfortunately not worth more than $100 and probably significantly less.

Trumpet

Thomas Krueger