Trumpet/seller k modified trumpet

I was wondering if you could help get some info on my uncles trumpet. It's a Selmer K modified, serial # 25306. Would you be able to help?

Best guess is that it was made in 1962. There are multiple models of the "K-Modified" trumpet. There isn't much information that can be trusted as canonical, but this site will give you a start:

There is more information here as well:

Nothing for your exact timeframe, but certain features might be explained in the earlier and later catalogs.

Sorry there isn't more. The K-Mod trumpet in the larger bore sizes are decent trumpets and enjoy respect by players.

Thomas Krueger

I can answer your questions about Buescher trumpets and cornets. I have been playing Buescher for 35 years and collecting for 7.

I first started playing my grandfather's Buescher 400 trumpet in 1975. Since then I have done a lot of research, including original catalogs and advertisements that I own, correspondence with other Buescher owners, and obtaining my own Buescher collection, including six trumpets and three cornets.

I am a technical writer with 15 years experience. I have also been playing trumpet since 1975 and collecting Buescher for the past 7 years.