Trumpet/Learning trumpet as an adult

Question
I'm 55 years old and have always wanted to play the trumpet. I recented purchased a couple of used trumpets at local thrift shops. The horns are a Conn Director and a King Flair; both seem like excellent trumpets in wonderful playing condition. I now always carry the Conn in my car to drop into local community colleges to use their practice rooms when I working and have taken a break from traffic. The King I keep at home to practice when not on the road. I can produce notes and a decent tone without any problems and no problems reading rhythms. My challenge has been learning the notes into muscle memory. Other than playing simple tunes and easy scales, any recommendations to further my ability to learn the notes to convert into muscle memory on fingering on the horn?

Answer
Congrats on taking on the trumpet. It sounds like you are on the way.

As for the "muscle memory" you're talking about:

For notes: long tones. Long tones. Long tones. This can be with the horn and ear training with the mouthpiece. There are a few exercises I can advise if you are interested.
Fingers: repetition and sight reading help me a bunch but for a seasoned beginner like yourself your best bet might be to learn your circle of 5ths in order starting with C and go around. Then transfer that into relative minor and chromatic scales.

Let me know what particular questions you have now and I will try to address them more specifically.  

Trumpet

Gene Ramsay