Trumpet/Hager trumpet ID and value

Question
Bb trumpet
Bb trumpet  

Bb trumpet
Bb trumpet  
I have a Bb trumpet that was my Dad's.  He played it in high school (1938-1941).  The trumpet has inscription on the bell, N.E. Hager, DELUXE, Grand Rapids, Mich.  Ser No.30238 is on 2nd valve casing.  It is all brass, 19" long with a 4 1/2" bell.  It's been re-laquered once , but showing wear and has some solder repair. I would like to know the year it was made and if possible the value.  I have researched the name, but have come up empty.  Any info on this trumpet would be great.  I plan to keep it, it plays well.  I've enclosed pictures.  I hope this helps.  Thanks so much for your time and expertise.

Answer
Hager was a dealer of school instruments and contracted various makers to produce horns with his name. As it says Grand Rapids, your horn was likely made by York. Its construction implies manufacture in the late 20s or early 30s.

Value is not high because these instruments are not sought after, though some may prize the York connection. In its current condition, perhaps $100. Because it was your dad's horn, however, that makes it all the more valuable to you.

Trumpet

Thomas Krueger