Trumpet/king trumpet serial numbers

Question
I have a King Liberty trumpet, serial number 411566. In trying to determine when it was manufactured, the list said it was from after 1960. However, I know for a fact that I played it in 1954 on the Ted Mack Show on TV and I have photos of the horn in the year. Are there other lists of serial numbers to look at?

Answer
This list is probably the best:

http://hnwhite.com/Serial%20Numbers.htm

But serial number lists are only a guideline, and it can sometimes be hard to read the number.

For example, your leading 4 might well be a worn A; some companies would add letters before or after the serial number for reasons of their own.  

Trumpet

Thomas Krueger