Trumpet/Boston Instrument Company USQM - trumpet

Question
Hello To,

Please excuse my questions of late.  This may be the last one on those 7 horns i mentioned earlier that I got from a restaurant closing.

I was able to clean up this Boston enough to get to to play. The serial # 18419.  I did some research on the company but founded in 1869 but could not accurately pin down the date of this horn.
One source led me to believe pre-1910

The mouthpiece which I can not remove is a Getzen from Elkhorn Wis.

Any help would be appreciated.  Will probably find a place on my wall for this, the Indiana Band Instrument trumpet and the Carl Fischer.

Thanks,

Rich D

Answer
Welcome back, Rich! Not a problem. Every question that gets answered helps someone in the future, as well as you.

That engraving is likely USQMC... United States Quarter Master Corps. That means your Boston was bought by the government for military service.

This site, http://www.horn-u-copia.net/serial/bostonlist.html , implies that your horn was made in 1908.

As before, not worth a whole lot, which is why they were hanging on a wall. Glad they're making you happy. :-)

Do not, under any circumstance, try to remove that mouthpiece yourself. You will for sure wreck the mouthpipe if you do. Leave that one to the professionals.

Trumpet

Thomas Krueger