Trumpet/Indiana Band Instrument Co - Trumpet

Question
Hi Tom,
I recently bought a box of 7 Trumpets which were displayed in a 60 year old restaurant near us which recently closed.  They were largely wall art, some in really rough shape.
I cleaned up the subject horn which plays well for its rough condition. It really needs a professional cleaning.
The Serial # is 19939.  I understand these to be student horns from maybe the 1930s.
Any idea of the age and value?
The Indian on the bell looks pretty neat.
Thanks,
Rich (Philly suburbs)

Answer
According to http://themartinstory.net/version7/whatyou-how-old.php the manufacture date is 1921.

Hard as it is to hear, you probably should have left it on the wall.

Now, having said that, if it plays well for you, that's all that matters. Value is about zero; Martin afficionados might get a little excited but not in wall-hanger condition. There are plently of forgotten horns that may play well for a certain person, and as long as you like it, that's all that matters!

I like to tell the story about the Conn 48B Vocabell I picked off of the local music store's wall for $75 as a "student trumpet"... but I didn't keep it, either.

So, again... if it plays well for you, that's terrific! But it's not worth anything other than that.

Trumpet

Thomas Krueger