Trumpet/Continental Clarion Cornet

Question
Hi Tom,
Back at you again.  You may recall that box of 7 horns I purchased at a restaurant auction.
One is a Continental Clarion Cornet # 55655.  I cleaned it up today and except for a sticky #2 valve, it works pretty well.
Any idea of its year?
Also, I cleaned out the internal bell with Brasso on a sponge; horn appears to be in silver.  Having real difficulty cleaning the exterior so I don't know what the real color is.
Any idea where I can get finger tabs for this horn.  Only the #2 valve has the tab press.  
Thanks much,

Rich

Answer
It appears that Continental Clarion is a stencil manufactured by Conn. Probably prewar but no way of knowing for sure.

If the horn is silver, you can put the horn in a nonmetallic container lined with aluminum foil and immersed in a mixture of hot water and baking soda. The tarnish transfers to the foil.

As for what I assume are the finger buttons, Conn used a standard size thread, so your local technician should be able to order you a set. They won't be identical, though.

Trumpet

Thomas Krueger