Trumpet/York Trumpet

York Trumpet
York Trumpet  

Engraved Bell
Engraved Bell  
I have a friend whose father bought a Sterling Silver York Trumpet in 1931.  We can't find out any info on whether it was an intermediate horn and what it's value is today.  Can you help?

There was no such thing as "intermediate" back then. The same care was was used to make all trumpets, and they were produced to arbitrary price points.

A sterling silver bell is always indicative of top-of-the-line. York made too few instruments to affix a usual value to its instruments, so you're dependent on finding the few but passionate York afficionados.

You're not going to get rich off of this horn, York is too niche. But you will definitely make a happy person when you find the right York afficionado. I hope that would make you happy as well!

Thomas Krueger

I can answer your questions about Buescher trumpets and cornets. I have been playing Buescher for 35 years and collecting for 7.

I first started playing my grandfather's Buescher 400 trumpet in 1975. Since then I have done a lot of research, including original catalogs and advertisements that I own, correspondence with other Buescher owners, and obtaining my own Buescher collection, including six trumpets and three cornets.

I am a technical writer with 15 years experience. I have also been playing trumpet since 1975 and collecting Buescher for the past 7 years.