Trumpet/trumpet playing

Question
Hi!
I ask this in order to understand more about how other instruments than my own work. This is very important when playing jazz/blues.

I was listening to West end blues (Louis Armstrong). I found a transcription that say he plays the minor and makor third. In the Eb blues scale he would play Gb and then G. I hear this a two notes. I hear some blues guitarist bending from minor third to something that is a bit closer to the major third (ie blue notes).  
How would a trumpet player do this?
In West end blues Armstrong does't do any bending (like a vocalist or guitarist would).
He just play notes that can be played on a piano.
What can you as an expert say about this?

Answer
Andrew,

I'm not totally sure I understand your question but I will try based on what I see the question as.

Trumpet notes are individual notes. Gb and G are 2 different notes. However, a very well studied and schooled trumpeter can bend that half step pretty well. Much of what you will see is if a passage is fast they are playing they will usually let the keys on the horn do the work.

I am not sure if that answers your question, but that's what I saw as your question so I did my best.

Trumpet

Gene Ramsay