Joe1Joey wrote at 2016-09-17 19:50:56
Hello again Mr. Krueger,

I am once again contacting you as I am interested in getting my now 94 year old Grand father a Vega trumpet, as it was the brand name from Boston that he played when he was in the Navy during the second world war.  As he still plays it will be a fantastic boon to his spirits now that he lives alone,  (lost his wife, my grand mother, 2 months past).

If its is possible, and you would, please contact the submitter and all submitters of Vega trumpets from Boston?  He actually played the Powefr Model of Vega's, but I don't think it would please him any less to receive any Vega trumpet of even cornet model.  At his age and point in life, the littlest things seem the most important.

Well, thank you again and God bless you,   I can hardlhy believe that a person can know so much about trumpets , in fact the 'Captain' as we have been taught to call him, reads AllExperts  questions on trumpets, cornets and such regularly, so please either send your response to m email (in his honor), or call me...collect if need be, at 304 283 9919   IHN  Joe

Thomas Krueger

I can answer your questions about Buescher trumpets and cornets. I have been playing Buescher for 35 years and collecting for 7.

I first started playing my grandfather's Buescher 400 trumpet in 1975. Since then I have done a lot of research, including original catalogs and advertisements that I own, correspondence with other Buescher owners, and obtaining my own Buescher collection, including six trumpets and three cornets.

I am a technical writer with 15 years experience. I have also been playing trumpet since 1975 and collecting Buescher for the past 7 years.