Trumpet/worth keeping?

Joe1joey wrote at 2016-09-17 19:38:33

My grandfather is a collector of trumpets from the Boston area.  As a navy captain in WW2 and at one time a part of their band, the instrument that he played was, in fact, the Boston Vega Power model.  If the gentleman that wrote to you concerning his horn is interested, I would very much like to supply this to my 94 year old (still playing) grand father.  You can contact me at and/or my mobile phone number of  304 283 9919.  Thank you and God Bless.

Thomas Krueger

I can answer your questions about Buescher trumpets and cornets. I have been playing Buescher for 35 years and collecting for 7.

I first started playing my grandfather's Buescher 400 trumpet in 1975. Since then I have done a lot of research, including original catalogs and advertisements that I own, correspondence with other Buescher owners, and obtaining my own Buescher collection, including six trumpets and three cornets.

I am a technical writer with 15 years experience. I have also been playing trumpet since 1975 and collecting Buescher for the past 7 years.