Trumpet/Trumpet age and value

I have a Buescher trumpet I bought a few years ago and am now ready to sell it and I was after a heads up on rough value and any info on it, it has a fair bit of wear in it but no dents and plays beautifully. Markings on trumpet are 39796 ML. Thanks

That particular trumpet was made some few years ago in China and sold for a discount. Compared to the classic instruments from the thirties through the 70s, it has about no value. You might get $50 for it, with "a fair amount of wear."

Sorry I couldn't give you better news.

Thomas Krueger

I can answer your questions about Buescher trumpets and cornets. I have been playing Buescher for 35 years and collecting for 7.

I first started playing my grandfather's Buescher 400 trumpet in 1975. Since then I have done a lot of research, including original catalogs and advertisements that I own, correspondence with other Buescher owners, and obtaining my own Buescher collection, including six trumpets and three cornets.

I am a technical writer with 15 years experience. I have also been playing trumpet since 1975 and collecting Buescher for the past 7 years.