Hi. I was presented with a trumpet to get some info about it. Here's what I know only from looking at it - It is a Vega Standard, Chas E. George Model. Serial number is 7902. On 2nd valve is imprinted SB 3.
The keys move really free, better than my new Yamaha 8310z - the Bobby Shew Jazz model. I would love to know a little history, and is it OK to clean this like my other trumpets - in a bath? I'm going to play around with it and try to clean it up a bit. If I like it, I may make an offer - any idea what this could be worth? Thanks for the time!

Vega trumpet have their enthusiasts, and more for their cornets.

You can treat this horn like any modern horn, with the same caveats for the younger readers, keep the felts out of the soapy water!

Looking at the pics, looks like a nice medium-bore horn. Worth? About none, few people want to buy one. Max, maybe a hundred or so.

Its value is totally in how well it plays.

Thomas Krueger

I can answer your questions about Buescher trumpets and cornets. I have been playing Buescher for 35 years and collecting for 7.

I first started playing my grandfather's Buescher 400 trumpet in 1975. Since then I have done a lot of research, including original catalogs and advertisements that I own, correspondence with other Buescher owners, and obtaining my own Buescher collection, including six trumpets and three cornets.

I am a technical writer with 15 years experience. I have also been playing trumpet since 1975 and collecting Buescher for the past 7 years.