Trumpet/worth keeping?

I have a Boston Vega Power Special trumpet serial# 75095 that I bought new in about 1957 and played until 1962. Since then it has been sitting in its case in a closet. Everything appears to work on it and it has no dents. Is it worth saving for my future great grandkids (grandkids have no interest in playing trumpet) or should I sell/donate it?

Vega trumpets are not common. Though they have their enthusiasts, they do not command high prices. If you were to sell it now, you would not make a lot on it, so I would keep it in the family.

Perhaps you could get it cleaned and start playing again? There might be a community band in your area that would welcome you!

Thomas Krueger

I can answer your questions about Buescher trumpets and cornets. I have been playing Buescher for 35 years and collecting for 7.

I first started playing my grandfather's Buescher 400 trumpet in 1975. Since then I have done a lot of research, including original catalogs and advertisements that I own, correspondence with other Buescher owners, and obtaining my own Buescher collection, including six trumpets and three cornets.

I am a technical writer with 15 years experience. I have also been playing trumpet since 1975 and collecting Buescher for the past 7 years.