Trumpet/worth keeping?

Question
I have a Boston Vega Power Special trumpet serial# 75095 that I bought new in about 1957 and played until 1962. Since then it has been sitting in its case in a closet. Everything appears to work on it and it has no dents. Is it worth saving for my future great grandkids (grandkids have no interest in playing trumpet) or should I sell/donate it?

Answer
Vega trumpets are not common. Though they have their enthusiasts, they do not command high prices. If you were to sell it now, you would not make a lot on it, so I would keep it in the family.

Perhaps you could get it cleaned and start playing again? There might be a community band in your area that would welcome you!

Trumpet

Thomas Krueger