Trusts & Estates Law/Cars and Trust

Is there any reason to title my cars in the name of my trust?  Can't my executor and successor trustee) just sign the titles to transfer them as instructed in the trust?  Thanks for your help

Michael sorry for the late response.

Yes you executor can transfer the titles once they go through probate - which is easy to hard depending on the state and the number of assets.  I don't see people put cars inside of trusts.

David Disraeli

Trusts & Estates Law

David Disraeli

I can answer general questions about estate planning and trusts. I can also answer questions about estate tax reduction and advanced charitable giving, family partnerships and asset protection. I may have already answered your question here: or here

I have worked for 24 years with clients and their attorneys to formulate estate plans to meet client goals. I have found many mistakes made by client attorneys and were able to have them corrected. I focus on making sure that beneficiaries are protected from current or future spouses and lawsuits so the wealth stays in the family. I have also published a book on Aging Parents which can be found on Amazon

President and founder of The Personal CFO Inc.

Certified Financial Planner 1994