Trusts & Estates Law/Living Trust


The law firm that did my living trust isn't too helpful, so I'd like to ask:
What do I do with the Grant Deed that was included?  It has a place for a notary but no instructions.
Who should I give copies of my trust to?
What if I need to make changes?
thanks in advance.

I have not seen a grant deed but the idea is the convey that property into the trust.  In Texas and I would think anywhere else it must be notarized.

What do you mean the law firm isn't very helpful that should have it signed, notarized and filed right there in their office.  Why burden you with that?

What state are you in?

David Disraeli

Trusts & Estates Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


David Disraeli


I can answer general questions about estate planning and trusts. I can also answer questions about estate tax reduction and advanced charitable giving, family partnerships and asset protection. I may have already answered your question here: or here


I have worked for 24 years with clients and their attorneys to formulate estate plans to meet client goals. I have found many mistakes made by client attorneys and were able to have them corrected. I focus on making sure that beneficiaries are protected from current or future spouses and lawsuits so the wealth stays in the family. I have also published a book on Aging Parents which can be found on Amazon

President and founder of The Personal CFO Inc.


Certified Financial Planner 1994

©2017 All rights reserved.