Trusts & Estates Law/Sell my house to my own trust

Question
I have just received a trust. There is enough to pay off my mortgage, which the interest rate is more than the interest gained from the trust. So it seems logical to pay off the mortgage. Problem is that there is a 3 year lock out on the trust.

So can I sell my house to my trust, and stop making payments to the bank?

Answer
Sorry for the delay.  First tell me what is "three year lock out"?

I'm not sure what you mean.  You should be able to sell you house to the trust but you'd have to carefully review the trust.

Please reply back so I can give you a complete answer.

David Disraeli

Trusts & Estates Law

David Disraeli