Trusts & Estates Law/admin of trust

Question
I am going to receive a trust fund from my parents but my brother is the admin of my trust. Is it possible to have him removed from this position by law and either have someone else or not have anyone at all.

Answer
If the trust is revocable, then the grantor has the ability to replace the trustee. The trust document should have an explanation of how replacement trustees are to be named.

The grantors are your parents. Until they pass away they can make that change. Once they pass away. No-one can. You should find out why your parents want you to have a trust fund.

I'm not saying that someone won't allow you to pay them to file suits and drag you through the legal process, but in the end you probably won't get what you want. However, all the money that was in the trust fund will be gone to pay for legal defense.

Then your brother may just resign.

Trusts & Estates Law

Richard Fritzler