Trusts & Estates Law/Question concerning a will?

Hi! We recently had a death in our family, and we were told by the Executor that the deceased left behind a will and testament. To be brief, the Executor is very wishy-washy with the details, and we also know for a fact that he is withholding some information. If he did not file the document(s) with the probate court, where can we get information about the will if it is not on file?

Hi I get this question a lot, unfortunately.  If it is not filed you have have to get a judge to order it.  This means lawsuit.  If you have to you can explain you are going to file and ask for attorney's fees and see if that moves them.  Also a lawyer can send a letter for a few dollars.

Good luck,

David Disraeli

Trusts & Estates Law

David Disraeli

I can answer general questions about estate planning and trusts. I can also answer questions about estate tax reduction and advanced charitable giving, family partnerships and asset protection. I may have already answered your question here: or here

I have worked for 24 years with clients and their attorneys to formulate estate plans to meet client goals. I have found many mistakes made by client attorneys and were able to have them corrected. I focus on making sure that beneficiaries are protected from current or future spouses and lawsuits so the wealth stays in the family. I have also published a book on Aging Parents which can be found on Amazon

President and founder of The Personal CFO Inc.

Certified Financial Planner 1994