Trusts & Estates Law/Question concerning a will?

Question
Hi! We recently had a death in our family, and we were told by the Executor that the deceased left behind a will and testament. To be brief, the Executor is very wishy-washy with the details, and we also know for a fact that he is withholding some information. If he did not file the document(s) with the probate court, where can we get information about the will if it is not on file?

Answer
Hi I get this question a lot, unfortunately.  If it is not filed you have have to get a judge to order it.  This means lawsuit.  If you have to you can explain you are going to file and ask for attorney's fees and see if that moves them.  Also a lawyer can send a letter for a few dollars.

Good luck,

David Disraeli

Trusts & Estates Law

David Disraeli