Trusts & Estates Law/Trust and Probate Laws

debee wrote at 2013-03-11 06:38:50
I am not a lawyer but am following this post out of curiosity.  If your sisters want to charge you rent, why don't you charge them for the care of your mother. Plus, the upkeep, etc. of the house should not fall solely to you...it's supposed to be shared.

They're getting free care for your mother but that was based on you being able to live in the house for free. If they really evict you who will take care of Mom if that happens.

.A Nursing home costs thousands per month. Perhaps you should charge them 3/4 of the cost for your labor.

Something doesn't sound right if a judge would uphold the decision to pay rent.

Trusts & Estates Law

Janet Brewer