Trusts & Estates Law/Mothers Will

Question
Hi David,

I live in the state of Delaware and my mother has just recently had her will redone due to the fact that my father passed away about a year ago. She has named my sister and myself as both being executors of the will and we are to split everything down the middle 50/50. My question is simple and to the point. Is there anything my sister could do to make sure that I don't receive my half? Honestly, I don't trust my sister and think she would be vindictive after my mothers passing. Just for the record, my mother is 83, in relatively good health and does pretty good on her own.

Thanks

Answer
Good question.  It depends on whether you are co-executors or either or.  Co means it requires both.  Can you send me the exact language?

OK since you are co-executors my understanding is that both executors must agree on all actions taken.  Please keep in mind that I don't know the laws in DE.  You are wise to be cautious.  Depending on how large the estate is you may want to consider a living trust.  

Hope I helped some.

David Disraeli
www.pcfo.net

Trusts & Estates Law

David Disraeli