Trusts & Estates Law/locating a family member

Question
Hello David,

Thank-you or giving me the opportunity to ask you a question.

Briefly, my 67 year old sister was placed in a nursing home for Alzheimer's patients,in Utah. There is an argument going on right now with my niece and my Nephew. My niece who had her commited into a home and will not tell any of the family where she is, because she is afraid that my Nephew might find out, so now we all suffer.

My niece just barely turned 18 when she had her commited, my sister in question had raised her. The problem is that me and my other sister live in Nevada and we have no clue as what to do next in order to find out where my "Utah" sister is located so we can visit and comfort her during these very trying times. If you have any questions feel free to shoot me an email. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Mr. Stroud

Answer
Sorry to hear about about this grief.  It seems like the best thing to do is to tell the police that she was kidnapped and placed someone against her will.  

I don't know all the details but you could threaten your niece before actually doing it.  Who knows whether what she did was legal until you get all the facts.

David Disraeli

Trusts & Estates Law

David Disraeli