Trusts & Estates Law/wills and trust

Question
My mother passed and named a distant relative as the executor or her estate. The executor has told me that my son is the only person named in my mothers will as receiving anything and that her wishes were that her assets be put into a trust fund for him specifically for his education(college) and nothing else and that once he chooses to go to school we are to contact her and she will write out checks to the educational institution. My son is only 6 yrs. old and his mother and I have asked for info about exactly what is available to him...i.e. how much is in trust. She refuses to give us any information at all. We just want to know whats there and how it will be handled over the next decade. Accountings, investment returns, taxes, interest, etc.... she says she is not dealing with us and that maybe we should talk to a lawyer.. My question is, As the parent of the minor benificiary do I have the right to the information I have asked for in order to protect and watch my sons college money???

Answer
I'm sorry, but I am not admitted to practice law in Pennsylvania, so I don't know what your rights are.  If the law is similar to that of California, then you would have the right to this information.  You need to contact a PA. lawyer to find out the proper procedure to enforce your right to this information (assuming that you have one).

Trusts & Estates Law

Janet Brewer