Trusts & Estates Law/membership of a family trust

Can a member of a parents family trust transfer their ownership of said parents family trust to their spouse via their will without approval of other members of the parents family trust?

Generally no.  You would have to see the trust language to be sure.  There will be language about that member's interest if they are no longer living when they would otherwise inherit their share.

Hope this helps.

David Disraeli - sorry for the delay

Trusts & Estates Law

David Disraeli

I can answer general questions about estate planning and trusts. I can also answer questions about estate tax reduction and advanced charitable giving, family partnerships and asset protection. I may have already answered your question here: or here

I have worked for 24 years with clients and their attorneys to formulate estate plans to meet client goals. I have found many mistakes made by client attorneys and were able to have them corrected. I focus on making sure that beneficiaries are protected from current or future spouses and lawsuits so the wealth stays in the family. I have also published a book on Aging Parents which can be found on Amazon

President and founder of The Personal CFO Inc.

Certified Financial Planner 1994