Trusts & Estates Law/Trustee Relationship

Question
My Father passed away in late April and his memorial was June 3rd. We have just found out his 80 yr old widow, not our Mother, is the trustee of the Family Trust.  Neither my Brother nor I have heard from her and feel its time for an accounting.  I anticipate a great deal of resistance from her as our relationship is not good. If I am unable to get a copy of the trust or an accounting after sending a registered letter is there a way I can find out who the trust attorney is without hiring a lawyer myself?

Thank you very much,

Answer
Hi Jean,

First I am sorry it took so long for me to answer your question.  It never showed up in my inbox.
Second, no I don't see a way you can find out who the attorney is as it is not recorded anywhere and is private.  Legal action may be your only recourse.  I like the idea of sending a registered letter first since that is of minimal cost.  You and your brother have a right to know what the trust says.

David Disraeli

Trusts & Estates Law

David Disraeli