Trusts & Estates Law/trustee/POA responsibilitie

Question
Thank you for taking my question.

I am the 2nd trustee on my mother's (California) living trust and also a beneficiary, along with my siblings. I was recently given power of attorney over all of my mother's financial affairs.
My question is this: Do I have a legal responsibility to keep my siblings informed of all financial dealings involving our mother's estate. My mother is still alive and I keep her updated on everything. One of my siblings is making demands for all records and transactions. This same sibling also claims to have a right to be included in all trust related financial decisions. Please advise.

Thank you.

Answer
Hi

Being one of the Trustees, all decisions must be taken by all the trustees jointly. Of course, you need to check in the trust deed about the decision making norms.

It is difficult to comment without see the Trust Dee and the POA. Pl consult a lawyer

Hope that helps

Garain

Trusts & Estates Law

Swapan Garain