Turkey/Asylum in Turkey

Question
Sir,
I am a Pakistani citizen. I am an assistant professor at University of Balochistan,Quetta,Pakistan.
Due to some threats I have received from some extremist groups, my life is in dander. so I have to exit the countery as soon as possible, and I think it is possible for me to reach Turkey and get asylum.
As I am married ( having 2 children: 14 years old daughter and 10 years old son) I have some concerns about what might happen to me and my family when I submit my case in Turkey ,
Please answer to the following questions :
1 - If I get to Turkey legally with visa, and submit my case for asylum, do they take us to detention centers?
2 - If yes, then how long will they keep us in detention centers, before transferring to Satellite Cities ?
3 - How is condition of Satellite Cities , where asylum seekers reside ?
4 - Do we have the right to choose the City ourselves or do they send us to one of the Satellite Cities by force ?
Thanking you in anticipation.
I will be looking forward to receiving your friendly and complete answers.

Answer
Dear Syed,

I heard back from my friend. Here are the answers he gave to your questions:

You would need to apply at the UNHCR office in Ankara for asylum and then make an application with the Ankara security office. If you have come legally to the country you would not have to go to a detention center.

2 - If yes, then how long will they keep us in detention centers, before
transferring to Satellite Cities?
It is up to the security officials to decide which city you will be assigned too.

3 - How is condition of Satellite Cities , where asylum seekers reside?
You would need to have a way to support yourself. You have to pay your own living expenses.

4 - Do we have the right to choose the City ourselves or do they send us to one of the Satellite Cities by force?
To obey the authorities is the best practice and you need to go to the city you are assigned too or it can jeopardize your right to stay in the country and your ability to exit the country later. You can request to be assigned to a city but there are several factors they consider in choosing a city for you.

I hope these are helpful.
Blessings,
Duke Dillard

Turkey

Duke Dillard