Turkey/follow-up on 7 week itinerary

Thanks for the previous response on our 7 week itinerary. As you noted, Cappadocia is higher elevation, so cooler and less humid. Are there other cooler areas in late Aug to early Sep for us to visit? We like to see historical sites, but also just seeing small villages or towns is also interesting. The main problem we find is that in general the smaller towns don't necessarily have accommodations for travelers or practical public transportation to and from. Do you have suggestions for such places between Ephesus and Cappadocia? And would we need to book transportation and accommodations ahead of time?  Or could we do that while we are there? Thank you.

Hi Debra,

Like you said, small villages don't offer much accommodations or have few transportation options. Unless you have rented a car, it's not easy to reach these places, you'll loose lots of time on the road.

Anyways, Konya is another high altitude, approximately 800/1000 meters above sea level. here you can visit the Mausoleum of Mevlana and other sites, see this page:

You may also consider going to Nemrut mountain in Adiyaman, you can reach to Kahta with busses and then you can take a taxi up to the mountain. Overnight 1 night and see the sunrise or sunset over the mountain with colossal god statues. It's magic. See this page:

Burak Sansal

I can answer all your questions regarding the travel and tourism in Turkey. I'm a professional licensed tour guide since 1990 and a local travel agent since 2000. For all kinds of information regarding Turkey you can also check my website

I'm a licensed tour guide since 1990, conducting private and group tours in English and Italian.

Turkish Tour Guides association, Italian Highschool Alumni association

Several blogs on the internet. You can check my website

Italian Highschool and Dokuz Eylul University Tourism & Hotel management.

Several sports medals, Best Travel website award in 2008

Thousands of them.