Turkey/Train Travel

Question
hello there - my friend and I will be travelling to Icmeler on sat 25th - I have a friend from Greece who has suggested that we can meet in Izmir - we think we would like to go by train , I am guessing from Marmaris to Izmir - I have looked on line and see that we can do this by bus about 4 hours each way - but I can't find info about trains - can you help please ? Also, if we hired a taxi to make this trip instead, what would be a fair price to pay ? thank you

Answer
Hi Jenny,

There is no train connection the the route you are travelling. While I am not so sure of current prices of taxis one way transfer should be about 350-400 TL (200-230 USD )However you can speak to a driver and tell about your journey if you plan to return Marmaris with the same driver you can get a better deal since he otherwise would return back empty and still consume one of the most expensive petrol of the world.

Enjoy your time in Turkey.

Murat

Turkey

Y. Murat Ozguc