Turtles/My red-eared slider got swollen eye

HOON wrote at 2013-01-12 07:44:10
Hello, I'm HOON from Malaysia.

i got the same situation. There are few advices:

1)Put RES on the floor. Let it walk around. At dry condition, RES will slowly open the eye. It like to see around.

2)Visit Small Animal Clinic at University Veterinary Hospital, nearby Hospital Serdang. Every Wednesday, got specialist/vet doctor treats various reptiles and turtles. Small Animal Clinic open at 8.30 a.m. Probably you can get advises and medicine such as eye drop from doctor.  

3) Try to get some "Lemna minor" and put them in the tank. This is common plant sell in the aquatic shop. It can float at the water surface. RES like to eat the seed and root.  

I am able to answer questions regarding reptile husbandry, care, illnesses, injury. I am able to instruct as to how to set up enclosures, needs and requirements. I will answer or respond to questions and comments regarding the overall needs, care, assisting with finding rehabilitation center, rescues, I specialize in Iguanas, snakes, tortoises and turtles. I will not answer offensive questions I will not provide a substitute for veterinarian care.

I have provided Rescue and Rehabilitation for reptiles 19 years ago. I ave worked with several facilities, organizations. I have several organizations who refer people to me to assist in rehabilitation or surrender of reptiles. I volunteered in the past at a state and federal facility. I am approved by Fish and Wildlife to adopt reptiles at amnesty days. I have assisted in housing reptiles, helping individuals correct care, assisting with feeding when someone was struggling. We take in reptiles people can no longer keep after we try to assist them to keep them first.

Humane Society, ASPCA, FWC, Wildlife Federation, Humane society, several other organizations use me as a referral home for reptiles such as Zoos.

I worked with a state and federally licensed facility for a couple years, working with reptiles. I worked for Humane Society picking up ill and injured animals,I went to school for medical assistant and have a veterinarian in the family. I was raised in Florida and was exposed to reptiles as long as I can remember.