Turtles/Turtle

Question
I found a turtle when i was coming back to my home ,he was passing out the road the place where i found him was a bushy area,so i thought better to pick him up,because it can be crushed by a car or a bus it was very dark there.When i have brought it to home i given him a food which,i buyied it from a turtle seller.But he is not eating it.So What i should give him for feeding?Please reply soon..

Answer
Hi Mukund,

The best thing to do is to release the turtle in a safe area as close to where you found it as possible.  Turtles take specialized care, including a varied diet (and diet depends on species), and wild turtles belong in the wild.  It's really better not to try to keep it, especially if you're not already experienced with turtle care.

Turtles

Jeannie