Turtles/Yellow belly turtle

Question
Hello,

A family member purchased 2 yellow belly turtles a couple of years ago without research and now we have 2 turtles that are probably 4"-5".  We have run out of room and have no idea how to give them away.  My son has taken great care of the turtles but now they have outgrown us.  If you have any suggestions that would be greatly appreciated.  We want to do the right thing, and have run out of options.

Thanks in advance,

Jon

Brandon, MS

Answer
Hi Jon,

I appreciate your wanting to find a good home for your turtles.  Many people simply dump them when they get too big.  Unfortunately, YBS can be fairly common in rescues, so finding new homes isn't that easy.  However, I do know someone who may be able to help and she does have contacts all over the South.  I don't want to list her rescue publicly because I don't want her to be overwhelmed, but if you can post back and set it to *private* and then give me your email, I can email you the information.  Thanks!

Turtles

Jeannie