Turtles/Yellow belly turtle-leg

Question
I've been noticing in the rear legs of my turtle some swelling. It is a yellow belly turtle, about 2.5 years old, and the shell is around three inches.  The swelling will retract briefly but for the majority of the time it is swollen. My other turtle does not have this at all so I'm assuming this isn't right. Is it a sign for anything?

Answer
Hi Dev,

Swelling can be significant, because it can be due to kidney issues, infection, etc.  If you can provide me with more information on how you have your turtles set up (tank size, type of filter, water and basking temperatures, type of UVB bulb, and diet), I can give you better advise.  If your turtles are in too small of tank or have an incomplete diet, for instance, that could negatively affect their health.  Post back with additional information, and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Turtles

Jeannie