Turtles/baby turtle health problem

I have a baby indian roofed turtle.from last few days she is having skinn infection and she is not opening her eyes also.we are feeding her fish food by hand.she is recovering but still not opening her eyes.we don't have any vet in our nearby can you please help us to guide how to take proper care of baby turtle.

Hi Prashant,

Before I can help you, I need more detailed information.  Please post back with the following:

1)  How big the turtle is, and how long you have had her (also the exact Latin name if you know it)

2)  How big the tank is

3)  What kind of filter you have, if any

4)  What kind of basking and UVB bulbs you have, if any (exact brand and wattage)

5)  Water and basking temperatures--EXACT temperatures, please

6)  Complete diet

Please be detailed.  I can't help if you give me vague answers.  Generally speaking, the problems you mention are due to the turtle being kept in improper conditions--tank too small, poor filtration, lack of proper temperatures and/or UVB, and poor diet.  The skin infection is very likely to poor water quality.  I'll try to write back soon after I receive your post.

Questions regarding husbandry of Russian tortoises and other Mediterranean species, sulcata, and redfoot tortoises; general tortoise and turtle care; box turtle care. If I can't answer a specific question, I can provide sources for further research. Disclaimer: My advice is not a substitute for vet care. If I think your tortoise/turtle has a specific medical condition or injury that warrants a vet visit, I'll tell you so, and if possible I'll help you locate a vet. It is neither legal nor ethical for me to provide veterinary advice.

I have kept and bred Russian tortoises for over ten years and have other Mediterranean species plus redfoots and box turtles. I've worked with other tortoise and turtle species while doing volunteer rescue work; mostly sulcata but some leopards, California desert tortoises, yellowfoots, all box turtle species, red-eared sliders, etc. I don't personally keep aquatic species, but have access to a wealth of information and research to help you with any questions you might have.

My knowledge is based on hands-on experience keeping, breeding, and working with tortoises and turtles.