Turtles/russian tort breederx

Question
I want a young adult captive breed russian tortoise. Who do you recommend? Thanks in advance.

Answer
Hi Maureen,

I need a little more information.  How old of a tortoise are you looking for?  I just want to make sure you really mean "adult," and not juvenile (or hatchling), because adult captive bred Russian tortoises are not easy to come by.  I might be able to direct you to someone who has some young males, but I want to be certain of what you're looking for first.  An adult female CB is going to be very, very difficult to find anywhere.  Pet stores will tell you their Russians are young and captive bred, but it's actually not true--they're mature, wild caught adults.  Just FYI, a young adult male will be around 4" long and 300-400g.  Is that what you're talking about?  A hatchling to juvenile would be much smaller.

Turtles

Jeannie