Turtles/pale turtle

My son has a mud turtle. I. have noticed that she's pale in her color on her neck and head. Her shell is changing color too. Is turning more yellow... Can you tell me what can it be? How can I take care of her?

I can't answer your question unless you provide me with the additional information I asked for in my previous reply.  Please also provide at least one clear photo that shows the entire turtle.  A closeup of the head and neck and the affected shell areas would also help.    Once I have that information, I'll do what I can to help.  Thank you.

Questions regarding husbandry of Russian tortoises and other Mediterranean species, sulcata, and redfoot tortoises; general tortoise and turtle care; box turtle care. If I can't answer a specific question, I can provide sources for further research. Disclaimer: My advice is not a substitute for vet care. If I think your tortoise/turtle has a specific medical condition or injury that warrants a vet visit, I'll tell you so, and if possible I'll help you locate a vet. It is neither legal nor ethical for me to provide veterinary advice.

I have kept and bred Russian tortoises for over ten years and have other Mediterranean species plus redfoots and box turtles. I've worked with other tortoise and turtle species while doing volunteer rescue work; mostly sulcata but some leopards, California desert tortoises, yellowfoots, all box turtle species, red-eared sliders, etc. I don't personally keep aquatic species, but have access to a wealth of information and research to help you with any questions you might have.

My knowledge is based on hands-on experience keeping, breeding, and working with tortoises and turtles.