Turtles/plastic tanks

Question
iv'e had 2 painted turtles for about six weeks and i'm trying to get them a tank exept there all plastic tanks and i don't know if that's good for them and my dad says we should get them a fish tank and i don't think that a fish tank is good for them ether so wt should i do about that?

Answer
Hi Romina,

I need more information, because I don't know exactly what you're talking about.  How big are the turtles, and what do you mean by a plastic tank?  A fish tank would be fine, but as I mentioned before, if your turtles are adults it needs to be a very large tank.  If they're just hatchlings, for now 30-50 gallons will work, but you will have to plan for something bigger within the next few years.  Most turtles are mature by the time they're 4-5 years old.  You will also need the other equipment as well--filter, lights, etc.  

Turtles

Jeannie