Turtles/question about turle..

Question
why my female turtle shakes his head in front of male turtle looking at him
..?

Answer
Hi Harry,

It would help if I had more information, but generally that is breeding behavior, typically performed by the male.  Sometimes it's territorial.  It's possible you have your turtles improperly sexed, or your female is actually a maturing male (all turtles look female until maturity).  In any case, it's important to have a large tank to accommodate both turtles without running into harassment or aggression problems.  Generally, two turtles will need *at least* a 100 gallon tank, and if you have larger turtles such as sliders or cooters, you'll need 150 gallons or more.  Keep an eye on the turtles to make sure they don't injure each other.  Hope this helped!

Turtles

Jeannie