Turtles/Out door turtle pond

Question
What type of fish can I put in my peninsula cooter outdoor turtle pond? I live in Southern Louisiana and shes about 4in long. the tank will be 125 gallons

Answer
Hi  Sarah,

The general advice is to make sure the fish are as big as or bigger than the turtle, but it can depend a lot on the individual turtle.  Some don't bother fish much, and some are very aggressive even if the fish are fairly large.  On the other hand, if you want fish your turtle can hunt and eat, mosquito fish can be a good choice.  They're hardy and breed pretty well.  Just make sure there are plenty of hiding areas for them so some have a chance to survive.  

Turtles

Jeannie