Turtles/about star tortoise (sick)

hello mam/sir its an urgency about my female star tortoise she is not eating from almost 5 days and even her responses become so week not even she is waking. i am so worried about her please reply as soon as possible

Hi Rakhi,

You really need to take your tortoise to an experienced reptile vet.  Since this has come on so suddenly, and she is so lethargic, she is probably quite ill and likely needs medication.  This is just not something I can help you with from so far away.  

If you can give me more information on how you're keeping her (enclosure, substrate, heat/UVB, temperatures, diet, etc.) I may be able to help you improve her habitat, but you do need to get her to a vet for diagnosis and treatment.  

Questions regarding husbandry of Russian tortoises and other Mediterranean species, sulcata, and redfoot tortoises; general tortoise and turtle care; box turtle care. If I can't answer a specific question, I can provide sources for further research. Disclaimer: My advice is not a substitute for vet care. If I think your tortoise/turtle has a specific medical condition or injury that warrants a vet visit, I'll tell you so, and if possible I'll help you locate a vet. It is neither legal nor ethical for me to provide veterinary advice.

I have kept and bred Russian tortoises for over ten years and have other Mediterranean species plus redfoots and box turtles. I've worked with other tortoise and turtle species while doing volunteer rescue work; mostly sulcata but some leopards, California desert tortoises, yellowfoots, all box turtle species, red-eared sliders, etc. I don't personally keep aquatic species, but have access to a wealth of information and research to help you with any questions you might have.

My knowledge is based on hands-on experience keeping, breeding, and working with tortoises and turtles.