Turtles/Skin infection

Question
Dudley
Dudley  
I think my 20 year old red ear slider Dudley has a skin infection? Does this look like he could have septicemia? Or could it just be on the outside of the skin like a fungus? Also before he was red there was a bloated or swollen part to the same back leg in the picture. Do you think he is in pain? We never use filters cause he attacks them but in the past 15 years this hasn't been a problem. It started out light pink or like a flush but it's getting darker.

Answer
Hi julia,

Not sure it's septicemia, but looks like something systemic is going on and he definitely needs to see a vet ASAP.  It sounds like it may have originally been localized, but I can see redness around his foreleg as well.  Please see if you can get him in to the vet today if at all possible.  

Turtles

Jeannie