Turtles/Tortoise Food

Plz tell me ! What's Indian tortoise food ?

Hi Anmol,

Those are turtles, not tortoises, but every species has different care requirements.  You need to know exactly what two species you have.  If these are wild turtles you caught, please return them to where you found them.  Wild turtles belong in the wild.  Otherwise, go back to where you got them and ask exactly what species they are.  I could attempt an ID for you, but I'm not familiar enough with Indian species and it would be better to know for sure.  Once you know the species, I can see what care information is available.

Questions regarding husbandry of Russian tortoises and other Mediterranean species, sulcata, and redfoot tortoises; general tortoise and turtle care; box turtle care. If I can't answer a specific question, I can provide sources for further research. Disclaimer: My advice is not a substitute for vet care. If I think your tortoise/turtle has a specific medical condition or injury that warrants a vet visit, I'll tell you so, and if possible I'll help you locate a vet. It is neither legal nor ethical for me to provide veterinary advice.

I have kept and bred Russian tortoises for over ten years and have other Mediterranean species plus redfoots and box turtles. I've worked with other tortoise and turtle species while doing volunteer rescue work; mostly sulcata but some leopards, California desert tortoises, yellowfoots, all box turtle species, red-eared sliders, etc. I don't personally keep aquatic species, but have access to a wealth of information and research to help you with any questions you might have.

My knowledge is based on hands-on experience keeping, breeding, and working with tortoises and turtles.