Turtles/if i did right

Question
I picked up a turtle about to cross a busy road headed toward  woods. I sat him down in another set of woods a couple of houses down from where he was headed. now I wonder about the different location. was that alright for him?

just an animal lover

Answer
Hi Gaye,

I think it was probably fine.  It sounds like it was more or less the same vicinity.  Turtles can be fairly territorial (box turtles in particular), but they also have a good homing sense, so if it was the same general area it should be able to return to its home territory even if you put it a little outside that.  Thanks for doing a good deed and helping a turtle out!

Turtles

Jeannie