Turtles/sick spur thigh

Question
Right
Right  

Left
Left  
African Spur Thigh, Two Acre, Austin Texas in the wild, last few weeks 90 to 100% humidity and rain, 80-90* basque (has not gone into sun for a couple weeks), been to the vet for a check up 2008,  and and for a punctured eye in 2011, Graze and and occasional apple slice, he hasn't eaten in several days, he has not had a drink in several days and has a pond with a circulation pump, not sure when he has last defecated, rescued off highway in 08, never noticed a shed, (He was 17 lbs when rescued he is now close to 60 lbs). We bought a female in 2011, she lives in same environment and is healthy as of yesterday. They have heated places to go in the cold, and he usually will get in out of the rain. His eyes are gooey. His left side neck has a red spot and is very swollen (pictures provided).
My wife is on the way to the vet right now. However my confidence in their knowledge of tortoise is not very good (I sexed him correctly when he was young and they did not).  The vet did get us thru his punctured eye and he apparently has ok vision in that eye.

Answer
I wouldn't put much confidence in the vet, nor allow them to do much of anything including ANY VITAMIN A INJECTIONS until you get a recommended herp veterinarian. I live in Texas and I have a sulcata. I will get back to you with more, but given the rains and increased humidity it's most likely that he is hypothermic and suffering a slight respiratory illness. When eyes get involved in the presence of excess humidity and too low heat, respiratory illness is generally the issue. I will need you to get back to me with more if he has already been to the vet, but I wish you would have waited because most of the time an average vet will just screw crap up more than help. They, in general, know NOTHING about these animals.

It would also be best to message to me better quality photos at my facebook page
http://facebook.com/reptilerescue

...Thanks for being so on top of this. I can really see it was a concern...

Turtles

Mick