Turtles/Red spots on tortoise's head/neck

Question
Red Spots
Red Spots  
We have a Russian tortoise we bought from Petco about 2 years ago.  He has red spots on his head/neck area on both sides of his head which are new (see picture).  We keep him in a glass cage 24x18" with fake grass as his substrate.  I don't know the humidity level.  He has a ZooMed UVB light/lamp we keep on for 8 hours a day.  The temperature is around 95 degrees when the ZooMed lamp is on.  When it's off he has a heat lamp to keep the cage temperature between 75-85 degrees.  He is taken outside regularly for 15-20 minutes of sun.  We feed him romaine and toroise pellets from Petco.  He eats from 3-4 times a week.  Water is changed regularly, daily to every third day, as needed and dispensed in a low basking basin.  He defecates regularly, 2-3 times per week.  I have not ever noticed him shed.  No other animals live in his cage.  No supplements.

Answer
Sorry. I didn't get a notification of this question. What type of UVB lamp is this specifically. I need model, wattage, etc.

I see a problem right off with the diet. It's completely inadequate.

Please provide a better photo. In this lighting no red spots can be seen.  

Turtles

Mick